Revision of IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices from April 20, 2012 - 7:26pm
The revisions let you track differences between multiple versions of a post.
Read EMA's Impact Brief: "IBM Boldly Enters the Mobile Device Management Marketspace with New Tivoli Endpoint Manager Module"
In today’s mobile world, enterprises are transforming the way they interact with their customers, partners and employees by implementing mobile strategies that enable them to:
- Build, connect, and run a growing portfolio of mobile apps for customers, partners and employees
- Manage and secure mobile applications and data on a variety of mobile devices and operating systems
- Extend and transform the business to yield new opportunities and business models while extending existing business capabilities to mobile employees, customers, and partners
IBM can help organizations develop and implement mobile strategies that are
Open: standards-based and future-ready
Connected: with mobile access points integrated with back-end systems
Managed: through proactive security; centralized deployment, maintenance and support for applications, devices and infrastructure
IBM offers a comprehensive set of solutions to meet our customer's mobile requirements so they can seize the opportunities that the mobile world provides while reducing cost and complexity.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices provides a completely integrated approach for managing, securing, and reporting on laptops, desktops, servers, smartphones, tablets, and even specialty devices such as point-of-sale terminals. This provides customers with unprecedented real-time visibility and control over all devices employees use in their daily job functions; reducing costs, increasing productivity, and improving compliance.
Built on the IBM BigFix platform, Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices can:
- Install in hours
- Manage up to 250,000 devices per management server
- Easily handle ad-hoc query and action needs
- Integrate with service desk, CMDB, asset management, identity and access management solutions, and security information management (SIEM) systems
- Eliminate the need for separate mobile device and traditional endpoint infrastructures and reports
- Receive and implement functional updates from the IBM content cloud delivery service without needing a customer-side software update