iOS 5 Questions

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

No votes yet

Yesterday's announcements bring up several questions regarding enterprise use of iOS 5.

1. Can enterprises pre-load configurations and certificates to allow "PC Free" deployments?
  2. Do Over-The-Air software updates depend on iCloud for data backup and restore?
  3. User cy2k asks: What, if any, changes are there to MDM and mobileconfig.
  4. Can iCloud be disabled or restricted using MDM?
  5. Who holds the private keys to the iCloud?
  6. Can there be "private" iClouds for sensitive information?
  7. Is there the ability to record an iMessage conversation?

Add your thoughts and further questions below.

(A reminder about this site's policy: We aim to bring together all players in this community and therefore will not publish information covered by non-disclosure agreements. But we'll try to compile the best information available publicly.)

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

There are some very

Your rating: None

There are some very interesting answers to these questions. Unfortunately, we're going to need to wait until the software is released to discuss. That is the way things go sometimes here.

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO

Opportun's picture

Opportun

Share info through iOS 5 Beta Developer Forum or WWDC Forum

For people like me, that attended WWDC 2011 and are under NDA with Apple, it will be interesting to have such info and discussion.

I strongly suggest that you create a discussion with the same 7 questions under the iOS 5 Beta Developer Forum that comply with Apple NDA or WWDC 2011 Forum.

At least, we can share our understanding of those questions and I have other topics that I would like to add to those 7 questions that you may be interested in.

I'm working with 2 clients deploying iPads and MDM solution and can share my experience and view on iOS 5.

Thanks.

P.S. I already created a thread on WWDC 20111 Forum with these seven questions. Fell free to answer them.

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

Good idea. I moved the thread

Good idea. I moved the thread into the iOS 5 "Beta Bubble". Those of you with developer access may find the thread here: https://devforums.apple.com/message/459886

Those if you without, well, thanks for being patient!

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO