Unable to load csv file

jerthebear's picture

jerthebear

No votes yet

I've gone through the process several times. Every time I load my csv file, the script fails with the following message:

screen

I'd really love to get this working properly. We're rolling out 2000 devices in my district in August. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Eight_Quarter_Bit's picture

Eight_Quarter_Bit

System Error

Your rating: None

Hmm...

That's an error reported by the OS, and isn't complaining about any bad AppleScript command. I've only seen that happen once or twice, and it's been when something in the system hung up outside the script. If you pop open the console (Applications > Utilities > Console) clear the output, and run the script, does anything relevant pop up?

Also, to quote IT Crowd "Have you tried rebooting it?" The few times I've seen this happen a reboot cleared it up.

jerthebear's picture

jerthebear

Response to system error

Your rating: None

Hey Eight_Quarter_Bit,

I have restarted it, many times. I'm trying to run this on a virtual machine...do you think that could be the issue? I have access to a real Mac computer beginning tomorrow, for the next week, so I was going to try it again there. What's frustrating is that it has worked for me...once. It successfully created a single account from the test csv file I was using. But, since then, I get nothing but that error. I'll let you know how things go on the Mac Mini server I'll be playing with tomorrow. Thanks for getting back to me.