Query regarding app distribution system

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
manusinghal's picture

manusinghal

No votes yet

Hello Everyone,

I have an question regarding app distribution system via app store.
I have an app on app store which interacts with a different client-servers at various locations. It functions like version 1.0 of iphone app will be able to properly interact with version 1.0 of the client-server. Now the problem is few of my clients are late/reluctant in upgrading their server to which the iphone users connect. Once I release an update(say 2.0 ) for my iphone app there are few client-server which are still running 1.0 version. And if the end users of these clients installs the update (2.0 ) for his iphone app (unknowingly, the client-server which he is gonna connect to is still on 1.0 ), he makes his app unusable.
how to deal with these types of scenarios?

Can I develop my new updates to the application which interacts with the server before upgrading themselves OR can I develop something which automatically rolls back the update if server version mismatches?

Kindly suggest how to deal with this problem!

Would extremely grateful for your suggestions.

Many thanks,
Manu

nashaway's picture

nashaway

Query regarding app distribution system

Your rating: None

Is this a corporate APP? or an App available on Apple's App Store? What MDM version are you using?

Tom Markham
MDM Deployment Engineer
Tangoe, Inc.