Prevent updates for enterprise app?

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
puhri79's picture

puhri79

No votes yet

We have developed an enterprise app as add on to our backend system, which our customers can download from the app store. The app is not working standalone, but requires the corresponding server. Of course our customer don't want to allow their users to install all app updates we provide (~1 update every 2 month), since every release must go through a comprehensive testing process (with their customized backend system) before internal rollout. They either have a mdm solution in place, or have built up their own company app store. Due we are not developing this app for a single customer, we cannot hand out the ipa file. So my question is, how our customers can organize their deployment process to prevent/control updates via the app-store? I really hope you can help me!! THANKS

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

B2B Apps

Your rating: None

Sounds like a perfect use of Apple's B2B app distribution system on their VPP store. You can make a specific version of the app for each company, and have it available exclusively for that company. Updates show up as standard retail apps do, but you can control which company's version gets updates when.

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO

puhri79's picture

puhri79

B2B Apps

Your rating: None

Hey Aaron, many thanks for your quick response! VPP sounds like the perfect solution for my problem, but unfortunately it's not yet available in Austria. Does that mean there is no workaround, and we have to wait until apple launches VPP in Austria?! I hope this will happen soon...