InstallApplication from Apple Store without entering Apple ID?

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
tyt_g207's picture

tyt_g207

No votes yet

Hello everybody,

I'm new to iOS MDM. I would like to know if it's possible to send an InstallApplication command to install an application from AppleStore without entering AppleID? Considering that the device has been registered with an Apple ID of enterprise.

Many thanks,

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

As far as I know, there is no

Your rating: None (1 vote)

As far as I know, there is no way to install apps over the air without a prompt for an Apple ID on the device. This is a reflection of Apple's stance that users should have ultimate control of their "i" device.

Apple Configurator can be used to install apps without an Apple ID prompt. But this only works tethered via USB.

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO

tyt_g207's picture

tyt_g207

Thanks for your response.

Your rating: None

Thanks for your response.