Hosted Certificate Authorities / PKI

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

No votes yet

Hi folks.

To unlock some of the most interesting iOS features for enterprise, you need to use a Certificate Authority (CA) to create, manage, and distribute identity certificates to your devices. (Actually, the deployment is typically done through [[MDM]). With this infrastructure in place, you can teach your servers to recognize valid certificates, allowing secure VPN, email, WIFi and intranet access without password authentication. However, many businesses do not have this infrastructure, known as PKI, in place.

I'm curious about experiences with hosted PKI. It would have to be simple to use -- that's the point.

Any of you have experience you'd like to share? Any successful hosted PKI/MDM integrations?

mwendlin's picture

mwendlin

Only on premiss

Your rating: None

Hi.

I have integrated approx 10 MDM platform to customers PKI environment and all of them have been on premiss.
I think that it´s the best way of handle these kind of operations.

/Marcus Wendling

IDmachines's picture

IDmachines

PKI as a service

I have worked with Shared Service Providers of PKI in government (federal, state, local) and critical infrastructure (utility, transportations) applications. PKI as a service is certainly an option and I would be happy to discuss some of the options. You can contact me via sal at idmachines dot com

george.young@db.com's picture

george.young@db.com

PKI as service

We are using the SCEP PKI service from Symantec (Verisign) with Mobileiron.
So far so good. Easy to use and MI has it integrated with their offering.

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

More info?

George,

Can I get you to post some more information on this solution? Perhaps it deserves it's own page on this site?

Aaron

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO

IDmachines's picture

IDmachines

PKI shared service providers

US Government Identity Shared Service Providers

This is the current list of shared service providers, the government IDmanagement.gov web pages also have a bunch of useful info.