Free iWork Apps via Apple Configurator?

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
Karl Rivers's picture

Karl Rivers

No votes yet

With iWork apps (Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iMove etc.) now free for new devices I was wondering how I can install the apps via Apple Configurator without paying for them.

I have 15 brand new iPads, but when I login to the VPP store I am still asked to pay for the apps.

Thanks

http://www.classthink.com

martyn's picture

martyn

I believe you can submit a

Your rating: None

I believe you can submit a VPP support request: https://ssl.apple.com/support/itunes/vpp-edu/ along with your serial numbers and explain the situation and they are able to issue you with the required number of VPP codes.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Karl Rivers's picture

Karl Rivers

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

dkingsho's picture

dkingsho

I gave it a go and logged

I gave it a go and logged multiple jobs for no reply from anyone from Apple - deploying 240 mini's, 100 airs across multiple schools and soon maybe another 100 airs at another site. It's costly to purchase that many copies of iWork even with VPP 50% discount.

Damon

jesselvella's picture

jesselvella

It doesn't work very well

I recently used that site from Apple to request codes for about 250 devices for the iWork apps for iOS. It was a very painful process. First off it took over two months to get the codes in hand. Second the codes they sent me didn't actually work so I had to work with them and get new codes. They then tired those codes to the email address I requested them from which was for the IT company I work for not the schools account we use to deploy apps. Now we are having all types of issues installing the apps via Apple Configurator since they are tied to my IT corporate Apple ID not a school owned one. This entire process is a mess. I am sure we can fix it and get it working but I haven't seen it first hand since I am working through another tech that is on-site. I will keep everyone posted on anything we find. If anyone else has any info please let me know.

Thank you!
Jesse Vella