Apple Configurator for iPad Deployment — Language and WiFi Setup still asked?

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
Amy Wilson's picture

Amy Wilson

Your rating: None (1 vote)

I have setup deployment of supervised profiles using apple configurator. IPads are still prompting upon turning them on for Language preference and WIFI connection. Is there anyway to preset those settings so that these prompts do not occur? I had been able to do just that when IPADS were at IOS 6, but have not been able to do this in IOS 7. Perhaps I am missing a setting somewhere.

iosomg's picture

iosomg

Are you using the latest

Your rating: None

Are you using the latest Configurator? They just added a new 'Settings' tab in Prepare mode that lets you skip some of these setup steps. I'm just using it with updates and an open wifi network (not fresh installs) right now, but it seems to work as advertised – except that I'm still getting a Terms&Conditions page even with that option disabled..

Amy Wilson's picture

Amy Wilson

We are running Configurator

We are running Configurator 1.4.1, I see they recently released 1.4.2 but I have not upgraded yet. I do see settings in 1.4.1 under the prepare tab and have checked off everything to skip: Location Services, Restore, Apple ID, Terms and Conditions, Passcode, Siri, and Diagnostics. Are you running configurator 1.4.2 and did that upgrade go smoothly?

iosomg's picture

iosomg

I've just finished the

Your rating: None (1 vote)

I've just finished the upgrade on a lab of 30 devices without any major hiccups. I am running Configurator 1.4.2, and also on OS X Mavericks (not sure if that matters). In addition to not being able to skip Terms & Conditions, I did find that I still had to put in a password in for iCloud regardless of whether the Apple ID disabled, and a handful of the devices still asked to set a passcode (I suspect that has to do with some screwy flags associated with those particular Apple IDs). Still not a truly hands-free upgrade but certainly an improvement.

I'm not sure there's any way to skip the language/country for fresh installs, except for the 'restore from a master backup' method which comes with it's own problems.

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

Same iPad?

I've found this to happen when I create the master "backup" using, say, an iPad mini, but restore to full-size iPads. I think if you answer the prompts, but then re-create the backup, you won't be asked again.

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO

jlscott's picture

jlscott

Same for us

We're experiencing the same thing. I've ticked all the 'skip' steps but it's still showing language select and WiFi setup.

Jason Scott