Adhoc Distribution - how to encrypt the binary?

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
macfan's picture

macfan

No votes yet

When deploying to the Appstore, the published applications are encrypted using Apple's binary encryption scheme. How can i use this for enterprise deployment?

Pyby's picture

Pyby

I don't have your answer, but

Your rating: None

I don't have your answer, but I'd like to know why encrypt your binary.

I agree with you that Apple encrypts binaries on the App Store, but it's not a reason for a developer or an IT administrator to valid the security.
With a jailbroken iPhone or iPad, when cracking an app, you remove the encryption. After, the binary is like a binary for an ad hoc distribution: readable binary and resources.

Scoosh's picture

Scoosh

There's an Approach For That

Here's how.

Join the iOS Developer Enterprise Program.
You'll be able to write you own apps, sign as your company and distribute to you employees.

macfan's picture

macfan

When deploying Apps to the

When deploying Apps to the App Store, all published applications are encrypted using Apple's binary encryption scheme. When an application is synchronized onto the mobile device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod), the decryption key for the application is added to the device’s secure key chain. This is required because the application binaries are also stored in encrypted form. Why does this not work for Enterprise deployment? I want to add this security feature for the deployed apps in my company.